2,031 Số Lần Thích 21 Số Lần Không Thích
On this episode of Good Chef, Bad Kitchen, chef Emily Yuen attempts to make bananas foster pancakes in a tiny apartment kitchen. Using whatever tools she can find, she tries to whip up a delicious meal in an empty kitchen. Press play to see if she can make it work!
Chef Emily Yuen's Bananas Foster Pancakes
For the caramel sauce:
7 tbsps sugar
2.5 tbsps butter
3 tbsps cream
1 tbsp rum
1. Heat a medium saucepan and add sugar. Using a wooden spoon, slowly stir the sugar. When it starts to brown around the edges of the pan, keep stirring and cooking the sugar until it's smooth and turns a dark amber color. Be careful not to burn the sugar (or yourself).
2. Turn off the heat and add the butter, cream, and rum, stirring slowly until evenly incorporated.
3. Peel and slice the banana, stir into the sauce, and set aside.
For the pancakes:
6 tablespoons cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar
2.5 tablespoons water
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together.
2. Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks and the water.
3. Add the egg and water mixture to the dry ingredients to create a batter.
4. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the batter carefully, mixing in 1/3 of the whites first to loosen the batter.
5. Heat a oven-safe nonstick pan over the stove on high heat. Add a generous amount of vegetable oil to the pan, filling up 1/8 of the pan. Once the oil is very hot, add a drop of batter into the pan — if it bubbles, add the rest of the batter to the pan.
6. Immediately put the pan into the oven and bake for 7 minutes. Flip, then bake for another 5 to 7, until the pancake springs back to your touch and a toothpick comes out clean. Repeat the recipe to make as many pancakes for your stack as you desire.
7. Serve with banana caramel sauce, ice cream, and toasted sesame seeds.
On Good Chef, Bad Kitchen, professional chefs take on the ultimate challenge: Cooking in a bare, millennial kitchen. These pros try making a world class meal with little to no resources. Watch the experts attempt to concoct something delicious!
Refinery29 is a modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life. http://refinery29.com/
A Pro Chef Makes Eggs Benedict In A Tiny Apartment
A Chopped Chef Grills Octopus In A Tiny Apartment
A Netflix Chef Makes Pasta From Scratch In A Tiny Apartment
SUBSCRIBE TO REFINERY29
Subscribe to the Refinery29 channel: http://bit.ly/subscribe-to-r29
Follow Chef Emily on Instagram: https://instagram.com/chefemilyyuen/
Follow Unbothered on Instagram: https://instagram.com/r29unbothered/
Follow OnHerTurf on Instagram: https://instagram.com/onherturf/
Follow Refinery29 on Instagram: https://instagram.com/refinery29/